Minimal Kin-chan = Good episode
30 Second Summary
- Kotoko, Jinko & Satomi decide to study for their exam together, and the best part of all Kin-chan doesn’t tag along. They soon realize that they don’t understand anything, and the two friends beg Kotoko to ask Naoki to help them.
- The next day Kotoko’s entire class realize that Naoki is their only hope to passing the exam. They all tag along (miunus Kin-chan) back to the hourse where Kotoko begs Naoki to tutor them all.
- To thank Naoki for all the tutoring, Kotoko gets a part time job so she can buy him a Q-ray type bracelet.
- Kin-chan only had about 45 seconds of screen time in this episode, which makes me very happy. Ditto for Yuki.
- If was nice to see the funny back this episode. It was nothing hilarious, but I chuckled a few times at a couple of scenes – like the one of Kin-chan’s marriage fantasy with the dancing eggplants.
- The pacing of this episode was really good. A lot of stuff happened in 20 minutes. Kotoko and friends study for and past their exams. Kotoko got a part time job and they had the traditional x-mas plot line. I’m glad they didn’t waste a whole episode on any one these plot elements.
The only gripe I have about this show in general and this episode, is the lack of a backbone in Kotoko. She is still getting pushed around by Naoki way too much.
Final Thoughts: A really good episode this week. The seriers is really going in a good direction, we just what Kotoko to woman up.